Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flood of 2010

Welcome to the Flood of 2010. Hopefully it is the last one for many years!
The Rise Begins
>
>
>
>
>
Special thanks to Jeremy Roy, Marty Johnson and Billy Stephenson for coming over quickly to help us move out of the downstairs area before anything could be damaged.
The Rush Is On!
>
>
>
>
Also, a shout out to Matthew Scott, Erica Scott, Tammy Johnson and Heather Johnson, who along with Marty and Billy helped us squeegy the mud out of the house, garage and off the patio and then power clean and santitize so we could move back in.
The Soggy-Boggy Aftermath!
>
We got most of the things moved back in by late night and had no damage to the house or furnishings. The water was just over a foot deep inside the house and it left about a one inch deposit of mud everywhere.
Yesterday was our day of prayer for our Vacation Bible School. I am sure we're going to have a great VBS this year, because Satan is doing everything he can to disrupte. I've got news for him. Our God is bigger and more mighty than he could ever hope to be and God will overcome his attacks once again!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry it took a flood to get you to update your blog. I did my VBS prayer time at home yesterday b/c it was early and I did not want to chance not being able to get back home. Shout out to Tammy for sending me the VBS list via e-mail. I must say that God took over--the phone did not ring, no interruptions at all. I think it was the best time I have had in my years of VBS prayer times. Glad you are safe--now on to Saddle Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazingly fast clean up job. I'm so sorry you guys got water. We were really praying for all our friends we knew would be experiencing this flood first hand and praising God we no longer live on the Golf Course of Seguin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Jesus Name, you'll be victorious! I'll be with you in prayers. Don't stop to glorify God!!! luv ya all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitch, you are so welcome. You and Reva always share your home with all of us and it was the least we could do since we all enjoy your river home too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same way Tammy thought: "We are privileged to get to ENJOY your river, so it didn't hurt for us to help in some of the... uhh... maintenance." =0)

    Although my back has been KILLIN me allll day! I'm glad old-age is just paying me a visit and not here to stay... yet.

    PS - Reva, upon mirror inspection, YES, I DID look as bad. =0)

    ReplyDelete