Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11 Remembering The Day

9-11-01 It's a day we'll always remember. Where were you when you first heard the news that day? You remember exactly, don't you? It impacted your life. It's burned into you memory. Now, the big question. Where were you when you met Jesus Christ and invited Him into your life? Don't remember? Must not have happened.

When you meet the King of kings, you'll know it, and never forget. On this day of remembrance, remember the attacks on America. Remember those who gave their lives in the attacks. Remember the men and women serving in our armed forces. But, also make this a day when you remember the most impacting death ever: the death of Jesus Christ. America has risen from the ashes of 9-11-01, but even more dramatically Jesus Christ has risen from the dead!

So, as you remember 9-11-01 also remember the day of your salvation. Give God thanks today that even in your sin, He loved you and gave himself for you. If you've never accepted Jesus Christ as your savior, take a moment and pray. Ask God to forgive you of your sin. Turn from your sinful ways and turn to His word, the Bible, for His divine direction. As God moves in your life, it will be a day you will never forget. It will be a day that impacts not only your life here on earth, but for all eternity.

3 comments:

  1. Both are seared in my Heart for eternity.

    Your post got me to thinking. I wrote a letter to each of my daughters about September 11th 2001 and what Denise and I were thinking and what happended that day. They are still unopened and in the safe.We haven't decided when to give them to the girls

    HMMMMM?

    I will write a letter to each of my daughters now about my Salvation experience. They need to hear that as well.

    Good post MEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of things through our short history that we remember year after year. My salvation is one of the things in MY history that I not only think about, but thank God for everyday. Why did He love me so much????

    ReplyDelete